All Round Lawn
Full sun and some shade
Minimal water once established
Out of Stock
Santa Ana Couch
Colour Mid to light green
Sun vs Shade Full sun & some shade
Leaf Shape Fine
Drought Tolerance Yes – warm season lawn
Runners Under and above the ground
Water Usage Minimal water, once established
Root System Very deep
Self Repairing Yes
Mowing Height Low
The very popular Santa Ana Couch grass is considered as all-round lawn on the market and is mid green in colour.
It is a fine textured lawn with a strong growth structure which thrives in full sunlight and has superior drought tolerance. It is extremely hard wearing, soft to touch and fantastic for children, dogs and high traffic areas. It is well suited to Australia’s climate and is widely used in home lawns, sports grounds and golf courses.
Santa Ana Couch grass has a creeping/runner growth and a deep root system, making it exceptionally fast with self repairing. It recovers rapidly from any wear and damage. The runners with their deep root system will however, find their way under any garden edges and pop up in your garden beds.
Santa Ana Couch loves full sun. In a shaded or mostly shaded area the couch will become very thin or may not grow.
Santa Ana Couch is ideally kept mowed short. No more than 30-40% of the leaf should be removed in any one mow, removing lawn clippings.
- Warm Season Grass
- Extremely hard wearing and self repairing
- Hardy, drought resistant/tolerant
- Great for high traffic areas, dogs & kids
- Very fine, soft leaf
- Aggressive runner system, above and below the ground
- Good salt tolerance
- Low to ground, carpet like
- Used on golf courses & tennis courses
- Will keep better colour if fertilised well in Autumn & Spring
- Summer green colour will fade going into Winter
- Luxury of going dormant in Winter means minimal watering and mowing